It’s August 1st, which means that Old English Ecotheology will be published two weeks from tomorrow! I’ve been working on this book project for almost five years, and I’m so excited (albeit a bit nervous) for it to be out in the world on August 16th. In preparation for publication, I’ve updated my website with a new page dedicated to Old English Ecotheology, including links to the preorder site, table of contents, and Introduction. I’ve also updated my list of current courses, and will add syllabi as I complete them.
I’ve also consolidated my (extremely) sporadic posts into a single blog page. To be honest, I haven’t had the bandwidth to blog much over the year or two: in addition to writing and editing Old English Ecotheology, I also completed a pre-tenure review and served on two hiring committees during the pandemic. Now that things have calmed down a little bit, I’m looking forward to blogging regularly.
I’ll be promoting Old English Ecotheology pretty relentlessly here and on Twitter over the next two weeks. To keep things interesting, I’ve developed a list of themed posts for each day of the countdown. Check them out below!
- Publication day minus 14 (8/2): In the beginning…
- 8/3: Inspiring Spaces
- 8/4: Wulfstan, Ælfric, and the Exeter Book
- 8/5: Old English Ecotheology: the playlist
- 8/6: Sneak peak: chapter 1
- One week to go! Sneak peak: chapter 2
- 8/10: Sneak peak: chapter 3
- 8/11: Sneak peak: chapter 4
- 8/12: Sneak peak: chapter 5
- 8/13: Inspirations
- Publication Day (8/16): Welcome to the world!!!